Friday 26 May 2017

A question for parents of daughters in Elementary school - what rules do you have in your family regarding playdates with other children whom live in your neighborhood?


In the recent year, my 8-year-old daughter has begun to request more often that we’ll let her have playdates with other children living in our neighborhood after she comes back from school. Because I want her to prioritize homework and eating with her family, so far, the rule in our house has been that she always comes home after school, and that only after she does homework and eats dinner she might be allowed to go to a specific friend if we’ll agree to it (but not all the time).In the recent year, a school friend who lives in the neighborhood has become a close friend at school. In my opinion, this friend has had a somewhat negative influence on my daughter and, unfortunately, I have my reservations about her friend’s family and therefore I feel uncomfortable allowing my daughter to go to her friend’s house without my supervision. So far, I agreed only that they‘d have playdates occasionally during the weekends at playgrounds while I was present. My daughter and her friend have been gradually increased their requests for my daughter to go to her friend’s house.What rules do you have in your family for that age, and specifically for a similar situation? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qXi4Q4

No comments:

Post a Comment