Sunday 28 May 2017

How do you keep your non-athletic kids on the move?


It's recommended that kids get at least 60 minutes of exercise a day. That's no issue at all for my 11 year old son and 8 year old daughter. They are out from sunup to sundown playing outside with kids in the neighborhood. Both also do organized sports.My 9 year old is the tricky one. He's insanely strong willed and isn't the most athletic kid in the word. Honestly, he's not even a bad athlete. He just doesn't like sports. I am totally cool with that. I am not a sports person either and the adjustment to "sports mom" for my other two was not an easy transition. I love watching my boy play baseball, but those bleachers are killer.Anyway, the only issue I have is that he's very sedentary. I can normally get him out for an hour a day, but it's a struggle and a half. He will jump on the neighbors trampoline, but that's about the only thing he legitimately enjoys. He can swim, but doesn't like getting wet. He can ride a bike, but it's not something he enjoys doing and he certainly won't do it on his own. I usually get him up and riding anyway. He'll complain but will do it. I count that as a win.Anything else we can try besides the (forced) bike rides and trampoline? He's a book and video game kind of kid. Again, totally fine with his personality, but he needs that outdoor time. What do you do? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qvNQAl

No comments:

Post a Comment