Monday 29 May 2017

Should I let my daughter play the harp on the street?


Let me explain this; My daughter is 9 years old and plays the harp. This summer she wants to go to a Christian kids camp with her sister. Her bible class teacher thought it would be a good idea for the group to do small activities to earn the entry fee for the camp (like baking cookies or waffles and sell them).My daughter wanted to earn her part playing the harp on the streets, so last weekend we had a local festival in the city, and my wife and her went there and played. They made quite some money and people loved seeing the harp in real life. Most of them had never seen someone play it up close. She played 3 days for about 1 hour a day.She loved being in the centre of attention and show her talent. People were very positive about it but somehow some parents at school saw her play and commented to my wife we should be more careful because she was very exposed .... and I dont really see the problem. As long as she likes it, I have no problem to let her play on the street.She got invited to play the harp on a medieval festival coming weekend in a neighbouring city. We were excited to go, but now I dont know if this is the right thing to do.Ps: she is paying 3 entry fees for the camp with the money she earned. As parents we are not keeping money for us, in case you wondered!What do you think? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2rdNgci

No comments:

Post a Comment