Saturday 27 May 2017

Unusual fussiness and hunger in newborn situation


So my baby girl is almost 11 weeks old, and for the past week she has started this new ritual fussiness. At about 10pm every evening she will get much much fussier than normal. She has been fed, burped, fresh diaper, bathed, pretty much all the usual things that address her crying, but she will still be upset enough to cry.The first night it surprised me so much I called the 24 hour support line and then took her to the ER. Of course as soon as I left for the ER she had calmed down and fallen asleep, but I took her just to be sure, and they found nothing out of the ordinary.Ever since that night, at about 10pm every night she will start crying like this. I eventually found a very specific way of holding her over my shoulder where she calms down, but the position is killer on my back. She recently also started giving strong hunger signals during this time, and if I keep feeding her she will eat as much as four times as much as she would normally eat, and then of course spit it all up. Usually after the big spit up she'll be more content, but the whole process starts wrapping up around 2am, when she finally sleeps and then starts acting like her usual self.I get that babies get fussy for all sorts of reasons that they cannot communicate, but the consistent nature of her fussiness is throwing me for a loop. Maybe she misses the sun? I just want to know if there is something else that I should be trying perhaps, or if this is just normal and a common experience. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qmHbNq

No comments:

Post a Comment