Sunday 28 May 2017

Separating twins in preschool?


I posted this thread yesterday about managing my twins who are about as different as humanly possible. One suggestion was to separate them when they start preschool.They will be 4 in September and will be starting preschool. We are still undecided on redshirting (December 31st cutoff) for kindergarten, but they will likely start kinder the year after that. We do plan on separating them for kindergarten, but I had intended to keep them together for preschool just because it was the simpler solution. The school we were sending them to only has one class, so we would either have to find a different school or send them to two different schools. My husband is a stay at home dad and will be home with our baby while they are at school.If it makes any difference, my son is a very high energy kid who is constantly on the go. He's extroverted and likes playing sports. My daughter is introverted and likes to keep to herself. She likes reading and has some moderate sensory issues. She hasn't been diagnosed, but I suspect SPD. She isn't sensory seeking, but textures bother her a lot.The kids get along sometimes, but don't really play together a lot at home since they are into very different things. I was thinking that allowing them time apart might be better for their relationship. What do you think? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qtl6su

No comments:

Post a Comment