Saturday 28 January 2017

Update: Mother of son's friend left a very angry voice mail. Unsure of how to proceed.


First, I want to start by thanking everyone who commented on my previous post. I didn't get to thank everyone individually, but I greatly appreciate everyone who took the time to give advice. I thought I would give y'all an update.Bobby's mom called again this morning and I decided to answer the phone. She asked me if it was true that I allowed the boys to go down to the football field unsupervised. I explained that the football field is literally right down the block and that yes, I allow my 14 year old to go there without a parent. She said that she thought that I should have called her an asked if Bobby is allowed to go and if he is allowed to play football. She also said that she expects for her son to be supervised by a parent when he is at a friend's house. I told her that she is entitled to her parenting beliefs, but I am not going to supervises high school kids that closely. I have two other kids and I think my oldest is more than old enough to not need supervision at the park. She said that she doesn't want Bobby at my house if I am not going to supervise him and check in with her before the boys do something. I told her that it is probably best if Bobby doesn't come over my house. I can't keep running to the phone to see if Bobby can eat Mac and Cheese or if he is allowed to swim in our pool or allowed to play Twister.So, that was that. She was clearly still very angry with me. My son will still likely talk to Bobby at school, so he isn't too upset. I am a little sad for Bobby because it seems like his mom is a little too overprotective, but I am sure she is doing what she thinks is best. I am just not involving myself with that. Again, thanks everybody. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jIWlW9

No comments:

Post a Comment