Monday 30 January 2017

newborn


My wife and I just had out first born 3 days ago. It was a complicated birth ending in a c section due to the complications. Because of my wife's condition, I've been the primary caretaker of our son while also helping her recover.The biggest challenge we've had so far has been feeding. My wife cannot get baby to latch and feed without help from the nurses. She gets frustrated and gives up very easily. She wants to breastfeed but it just isn't working for her. She makes a huge deal about pumping - delaying and delaying until baby is hungry and it is too late or finds another reason why she cant pump now... Nursing is all I am asking help from her with - I am doing all diapers, calming baby, etc... I am also syringe feeding baby probably half of everything he eats.I'm trying to be as supportive as I can but it is tough. I am starting to worry that these might be symptoms of ppd. Can anyone here share their experiences with c-section recovery? I'm wondering if this is similar to your experiences...Sorry for the rambling stream of text. Rest is something that I hope to find somewhere in my future. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2kOvKXw

No comments:

Post a Comment