Monday 30 January 2017

Playdate issues....I dont like the mum!


Hi everyone, I hope someone can give some advice. My daughter is almost 6 and has a friend "kate". The issue is Kate's mum has started pestering me for playdates with my daughter but the problem is I dont like or trust the mum, even though we started off on friendly terms (took me about 2 months to realise she was strange)Just to name a few of the weird things she has done She gossips endlessly about people and has a vendetta against one other mum, even going so far as to suggest the other mum bribes the school to get her daughter parts in plays.After I offered once to have her daughter on a playdate, she asked me to collect or have her daughter on playdates about 8 other times..most of the time only contacting me to ask for help, when I started to say I was busy, she started ignoring/pretending not to see me.She criticised another mum for having a small halloween get together as her daughter wasnt invited...apparently they should only do something like that if they plan to invite the whole class! She then emailed the mum to find out why her daughter wasnt invited.She criticised me for my choice of date to hold my daughters birthday party as her daughter couldnt come (i suspect they wouldnt have come anyway)She asked for a playdate for two specific dates...I said I cant do those dates...and she seemed annoyed that we had other plans...telling me "I thought we were going to try and arrange playdates"It might not sound like much, but compared to the friendly, kind and easygoing mothers in the class I just feel like I dont want to deal with her. These are also the easiest incidents to explain...trust me there have been many more, including her telling me my daughter was invited to the halloween get together because we live on the 'rich street' (me and my husband and daughter live with my dad in social housing!)The problem is my daughter seriously likes the other girl...if she didnt I wouldnt have taken the mums craziness for so long...I am not confrontational so most of the time I just try to avoid her and am friendly when she is normal with me, but now she keeps telling the girls we are going to do playdates, so they are getting excited, so I feel forced into it. I thought that perhaps I could ask her daughter to come to our house...but I think she knows I am trying to brush her off...so she is more determined for us to go there. I imagine she also wants the friendship to get going again so she can start dumping her daughter on me again.Any advice would be appreciated, I feel really bad about the situation as its not fair to the girls... but the mother is bad news. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2kKfk6S

No comments:

Post a Comment