Saturday 28 January 2017

Daycare Rant


LONG post ahead. I have an 8 month old child who's been in daycare since 3 months. I was under the impression that she would not be switched out of the nursery until she was a year old or walking. Yesterday, I got told that my baby (who was 5 weeks premature) was moving into the "little movers" room designed for babies who are older and beginning to walk. Due to my baby being premature, she is developmentally behind, and just learned to sit up 2 weeks ago. She can only roll and get on all fours (but not crawl). When I inquired as to why my kid was being moved when she was not developmentally ready according to the paper, their response was "Well she's mobile, she crawls." I said "She does not crawl, she rolls around." They argued and I finally asked if they were calling me a liar. They responded with well she's the oldest in that room she's 8 months old and we have a set of twins coming in, so the two oldest are being moved out. Oh so now the truth comes out! I said I don't feel comfortable for her safety her being around babies that are walking, 20 lbs +, and will trample her as she's mostly on her belly. They argued saying "Well I just don't feel like you want her in the room with me and want her to stay with Ms. Judy." The owner will apparently be in this "little movers" room until they hire someone. I never once mentioned that I wanted her to stay with Ms. Judy, so obviously she has some huge issue or insecurity because when she told me she would be in the room with my daughter, I still wasn't pleased.I repeatedly argued that my child doesn't meet the requirements on the paper, she's only 14 lbs. We just got her back on the charts for weight for pete's sake. They said that didn't matter, according to state law....I interrupted and said I don't give a crap about state law, this is my child! This is about her and her safety.This little movers room is supposed to be focused on art projects, story time, and acclimating to a toddler room. My child has to be fed every 3 hours high calorie formula for her weight, but this paper suggest getting your baby to more of a toddler schedule with eating and naps. We're working on crawling, not drawing! We're working on taking in extra calories, not pushing around some peas at lunch time. I AM ENRAGED how little they care about my baby. Their solution was to ask a parent of a baby younger than my daughter if she would move in my daughter's place. I was appalled. I refused and it showed me how low they will go. I told her I was insulted how little they cared about my daughter and her safety, and she said she was insulted how I think they don't care.We're pulling her in 2 weeks (2 weeks notice is mandatory) and finding another daycare. My doctor is writing a note saying this change is not recommended based on her developmental milestones that she hasn't reached necessary for her safety in that room. This is basically a lawsuit waiting to happen. I feel like that crazy mom, but I am furious realizing this owner truly has no care about anything but the money in her pocket. What else can I do aside from switching daycares? I plan to leave a horrendous review on google and facebook. But legally, do you think there is anything? What would you do? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2kxWPip

No comments:

Post a Comment