Friday 27 January 2017

[rant] my sister-in-law takes credit for my daughter's appearance


To preface this, I'm Caucasian. Blonde hair blue eyes and my husband is Native American. As are his three sisters. Every time we bring my daughter around his family, of course she just gets showered in love and compliments. And 9 times out of 10 my sister-in-law (J) takes credit for the compliments. Someone will say something like oh her hair color is so pretty! And J has to chime in, she gets that from me! J's hair is black, and she bleaches it which is fine, but she claims she's naturally blonde. My daughter has auburn hair and my hair is strawberry blonde. I have a very distinct nose and I have passed that down to my daughter. It is so obvious even to strangers that my daughter has my nose. But of course J has taken credit for that too! She'll even go out of her way to make comments about how my daughter doesn't look like me. She's said that in front of everyone, multiple times. It hurts my feelings! J already has her own daughter that looks exactly like her. I wish she'd just let me enjoy the compliments about my daughter. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2kbE1IN

No comments:

Post a Comment