Sunday 29 January 2017

Child always needing to be "first"


My two daughters, 3.5 and almost 5 years old, are always fighting over who gets to be "first". I think this is particularly coming from my eldest, and she has rubbed off on her sister. I have seen her rush past others, sometimes bumping into them, in her race to be first. She'll have a fit if her sister was dressed first, and insist that she must have her teeth brushed first. My second is now also playing these games.I don't always have the time and patience to make sure that everything is completely equal. In the morning rush, whoever got out of bed first might be dressed first, and I don't want to hear tantrums about it. I try to explain that sometimes they each get something special or different, and they don't always have to be the same.I have seen some good advice here, so I'm reaching out to fellow parents. How do I get my oldest daughter to let go of being first? I think it may be related to being the oldest (and as a fellow oldest child, I kind of get it). Still, I'm looking for creative ideas for how to change this. Has anyone experienced this? Any tips? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jM3EfA

No comments:

Post a Comment