Tuesday 31 January 2017

How do I help my child be "cool"


Please dont think im shallow... My 9yo daughter was just crying and saying she has no friends (she actually has 1 but besides the point..). I feel like a POS because I'm sure I'm somewhat to blame for not taking her to every birthday party she was invited to etc. She had friends last year but we live in a working town and with the oilfield crash, most of her friends moved away. I was a "loser" as a kid and I've done everything I can to keep her from that label. (Dressing her in expensive af clothes etc) My niece who is in the same school told me today that some of her friends say my daughter "weird". Which she kinda is, mostly just immature where she will talk in a baby voice. But how do I help her escape this?! And please don't say "fuck what they think they're the problem" because I know this now but when I was that age I just wanted someone to like me. I tried to kill myself when I was ELEVEN by taking a full bottle of Tylenol because I was so sad. She's nine and I don't want that to ever happen to her. HELP. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2kPqTJL

No comments:

Post a Comment