Saturday 28 January 2017

Mother in trouble with CPS for wrestling with daughter for her school iPad


I am a mother of a 10yo girl. Our school district has adopted iPads for all students where they do most work, which is great. But the iPads do not allow for any parental controls my kid ends up spending more time on youtube than solving math. The situation has been going on for 8 months and her addiction has gotten so severe that I had to take her iPad out of her hands so she could sleep.Last week I went to complain with them that this iPad has been a nuisance and challenged them to solve it. They called my kid and put her together with me and other 7 adults (school psychologists, social workers, principal, teacher, myself) and they started grilling her, accusing her of many things. She, pressed, talked back saying we once wrestled for control of the iPad.The school immediately placed a CPS hotline call and both police and social workers appeared and opened an investigation for child endangerment. Then my daughter was taken to the hospital where she was ordered naked and then spent 7 hours being grilled by 3 doctors, 3 nurses and a social worker. We got home only 1am.Now police and the city counselor want to interrogate her too.I felt violated. The school blew this out of proportion and now I am under an active investigation. What are my rights? Should I lawyer up? Other than the iPad wrestling there was nothing said.Please help! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jBY81i

No comments:

Post a Comment