Tuesday 31 January 2017

Question for Dads and Husbands


Question for Dads and Husbands, How do I explain to my wife that the sense of protection I have over both of them is not weird and also that there is nothing I can do to help it?Mods...if this question is in the wrong place, just let me know.Scenario: We went to a free Superbowl event in downtown Houston this past Saturday and took our 17 month old daughter. There were many people looking around and checking out other various booths and whatnot. Because this was a free event, there was also some riff raff there obviously high on something. From that moment on, I went into watchdog mode. I was not interested in the things going on around us, just that they were both in my site. I want them both to have fun and get the full experience, this is good for me. I took over the stroller duty (which is fun because I can play with my daughter) and we visited the exhibits, looked through the booths and checked out the food trucks.As we are walking back to the car my wife tends to walk behind me so she can take in the sites. I slow down so she can get in front of me but instead, she slows down because I do. The discussion started when I asked her to walk in front of me…that it bugs me when I cant see her. Don’t mind if she walks slow and stops to take a look around, just as long as I can see her.She claims that this is weird which infuriates me. I didn’t start a fight or anything, just allowed her walk in front of me and resumed our little adventure. There really is no end to this story I just want to know what other fathers experience is with this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jqQ0m2

No comments:

Post a Comment