Sunday 29 January 2017

11 y/o son upset I had a beer at lunch.


Does anybody have advice on what to say to my son? His mother and I have been divorced for several years but my relationship with my son has often been strained by parental alienation syndrome as a result of his mother's rage against me. Today we went snow tubing and stopped for lunch afterwards. I ordered a beer and when the waiter brought it he became agitated. I tried to reassure him that one beer would not impair me but he just got more and more upset as lunch progressed. He said he heard in DARE that I was putting him at risk. We finished lunch, I didn't finish the beer, and now I don't really know what to do moving forward. I only rarely have 1-2 drinks around him and only at meals. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this moving forward? I want to demonstrate to him that it's OK for grown ups to drink in moderation and that my driving is not impaired by 1-2 drinks over the course of a meal. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2kI2dmF

No comments:

Post a Comment