Saturday 28 January 2017

My 15 year old daughter really hurt my feelings and idk what to do


This is my first post on this site so im sorry if i do something wrong. I'm a single dad. I'll offer a little bit if background. I was obese as a kid. Up until I was about 24. I ended up losing weight and life got a lot better. I was more confident and all that stuff.I met a girl who I still think was way out of my league and we ended up having our daughter. Her mother passed away 10 years ago from cancer. I've been raising her alone since then.One lingering thing from my days being overweight is the loose skin. I can still look nice in clothes but when I'm at home in loose t-shirts or sweats it's kind of noticeable. Tonight my daughter has a few friends over and when I went to the kitchen, I heard my daughter say some very hurtful things about me to her friends. A lot of it was about my appearance, but the most hurtful things were about how much she hates me and wishes I were the one who died from cancer.I thought we were close and now I feel laid bare. I feel insecure around my own daughter. I've never hurt so badly in my life. I've been a good father. I've done my absolute best to be responsible and loving and strict when I needed to be. I've listened to her I've given her freedoms, I've done everything in my power to be a good dad. I can't think of why my daughter hates me.The venom in her voice. It was such a powerful hatred. So pure. I haven't been able to stop crying. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jJwUnj

No comments:

Post a Comment