Monday 27 April 2020

What would you do if the other parent was bad-mouthing/mocking you in front of your child?


What would you do if the other parent was bad-mouthing/making fun of you in front of your kid?My daughter (10) recently told me her dad and his partner have made fun of me, calling me fat and mocking my haircut. She said this made her sad, and she told them I exercise and eat well. It hurts my heart that she was even in a situation to stand up for me.I’m 200lbs but healthy and active, and my daughter is healthy and in no way negatively impacted by my weight. I’ve always raised her to respect body diversity and value people for more than their looks.I’m worried about the effect this will have on her. I’m sad for her and how this made her feel. Her father has always been quite spiteful and judgemental about others.Should I raise this with him? What would you do? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2xaVRnu

No comments:

Post a Comment