Saturday 25 April 2020

Explaining seperation to a seven year old...


TLDR needing advice on how to tell my seven year old that her step dad is moving out. My daughter has the best relationship with him so I'm afraid it will be hard on her.My (ex?) husband and I seperated a few weeks ago & now he's officially moved out.Together we have a four year old & from a previous relationship I have a seven year old (biodad is 100% active in her life as well. We share custody). The relationship between my seven year old and her step dad is amazing. He's been in her life since she was one. There isn't a life she remembers without him. That's her dude...no one compares to him in her eyes. She calls him daddy as well.Due to the virus, the custody arrangement has been all over the place with my oldest daughters coparent...he's had her majority of this virus. So she hasn't heard or seen much of what has gone on at home. This week she's at her dad's and she comes home tomorrow night. except when she comes home, it won't be the home she knew.How do I explain the seperatation to her before we pick her up tomorrow? What are some key words to use. I know this is going to be rough on her. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2yFoBW3

No comments:

Post a Comment