Tuesday 28 April 2020

Sometimes I’m afraid she’s going to be my only child


My daughter is one. I’m a 33 year old single mom. Her father is not involved at all. A few months ago I tried dipping my toes back into dating; but it didn’t work out. Then all this madness we’re currently experiencing happened so obviously I’m not dating now. I fear she may end up being the only child I ever have a chance to have. That there’s so much about having an infant I’m going to miss. She’s been a wonderful baby. Like I know people say that about their kids... but she really is. She started sleeping through the night around 3 months (like 12 hours straight). She sleeps til 9am. She doesn’t seem to be bothered by teeth cutting in. She’s never even ran a fever. I mean if a trick baby to make you want to reproduce more ever existed she’s it. Sometimes when my friends complain about their babies I just want to scream to the rooftops about how great she’s been. It makes me so sad when I put away her outgrown clothes and think I may never have a reason to use them again. I struggle with jealousy as friends announce their second pregnancies or that they’re trying. I’m trying to work on that because I know it’s wrong to feel that way. I want to be with someone who wants a family too. It seems like all I ever meet are men who already have kids who don’t want more, don’t have kids and never want kids, or aren’t really ready to settle down yet. I feel like the last song at the prom is playing and everyone has paired off I’m just standing there alone....what if it never happens for me? I love her more than life itself. But I was an only child and I know it’s lonely. I wanted siblings for her. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/35coRYI

No comments:

Post a Comment