Wednesday 29 April 2020

Daycare is opening..Wife doesn't want to send 2.5yr old due to virus.


Are you sending you kids to daycare? Our daycare is reopening next week. This would be the first time our child attends ANY daycare. We visited the daycare but then in a week the lock down occurred. My wife stayed home with him 2.5 years, but recently received a great job opportunity and has started working this past month. I work from home. We've hired a nanny that works 8-hours for three days and four hours for two days. My wife is gone all day, I'm home.Our toddler is like all toddlers....he's a handful. Even our neighbors comment on how 'energetic' he is. Working in the house when he's here, even with a nanny, is so difficult. I hear all his meltdowns and there are so many. So then I go out and help. I do conference calls and zoom in my car because it's the only quiet place.My wife does not feel safe sending him to daycare. The daycare gave us a list of all the precautions they are taking (temps of parents & employees, cleaning, etc. etc.). My wife is still uncomfortable.When I tell her it's hard to do my job with a toddler, she gives me a speech how at least I have help (the nanny). For 2.5 years she did it on her own...although I did not point out she did not have a full-time job on top of raising our child.I understand her concerns and want to be sensitive to them, it's so difficult to do my job. I am the main $$$ so my job is important. Also, a nanny costs more than daycare. Our kid is one that needs other kids. He thrives in a social environment. But if we send him and he gets sick or one of us get sick, then I'll be blamed.Not sure what the best move is here.I'm in my 40s my wife in her 30s. No underlying conditions. My wife's job puts her in grocery stores all day, so she's exposed, although does wear mask. Although we live in Michigan which is a hot spot, we have around 210 cases on our county and 1300 in the county next to ours. Detroit is 3+ hours away. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2VMN8Bl

No comments:

Post a Comment