Monday 27 April 2020

I feel like I am never going to mentally or physically recover from this.


I know everyone is struggling right now. I also know that my family is luckier than many at the moment. I just need a bit of a vent.I have two boys, 15 months and 3. We are stuck at home now, mostly, like everyone else. I am struggling. I feel like I’m drowning.In the last 6 months, the 15 month old has had 2 cases of hand, foot and mouth. And a case of gastro so bad we went to the hospital. And he burnt his hands on the oven at Christmas. And he had a respiratory infection that required an ambulance and hospital. And right now he has an infected lump that is requiring two sorts of antibiotics to treat. His health is not great. He doesn’t sleep at night. A good night is two wake ups. A bad night (like last night) had me unable to go to sleep until 1:30am because he was so miserable. Then he woke at 4am again.He is a beautiful boy though.My 3 year old is going nuts in isolation. Endless tantrums. I can’t seem to wear him out enough for him to sleep without a fight. I’ve come to dread naptime - he won’t even sit in his room quietly anymore. He used to enjoy his quiet/naptime but now it is a huge war and screaming and endless requests for food/to pat his back/for a tissue/anything. At night he can whine and yell for hours. It never used to be like this.Honestly, every day at the moment is a nightmare. I’m so exhausted that my eye is twitching, I’m losing weight, my hair is falling out, I have a cold I can’t shake.Everyday it’s something else going wrong. Right now it’s a drain under our house that’s blocked and leaking water everywhere. Now we need a plumber and it’s just another stress and another expense...Honestly I feel like I will never recover from this. I don’t think it’s possible for someone to be so stressed and so exhausted and miserable for so long and not be changed by it.Sorry for the rant. Just needed to get this out. All the best to everyone, hope you are all holding up ok. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2VJvRcc

No comments:

Post a Comment