Monday 27 April 2020

My 5 year old daughter has turned into a different person and I’m struggling


My wife and I have a 5 year old daughter together. She has always been sweet, kind, and a good listener. I’ve worked very hard to teach her to be kind, to appreciate what she has, and to listen/mind. The past 3 weeks she has pulled a 180. No matter how many times I tell her or ask her to do something she does not listen. I have to ask/tell her 20x before she’ll do it and whines and cries about everything. The newest development is that she just does not comprehend appreciation and certainly lacks empathy towards my wife, myself, and our dogs. We’ve tried discussing with her in-depth why she can’t act the way she does, we’ve tried timeout, we’ve taken away her toys, we’ve spanked her (hate doing that), and more discussing.The changes seem to tie with the pandemic lock-in. Beforehand she was in pre-k 5 days a week and spending afternoons at daycare. For the past 3-4 weeks she has been at home with me all day/everyday. This suggests that being home with me is the “problem”. But I’m uncertain why. Perhaps I’m overreacting. But what I do know is I can’t handle arguing with her every other minute and am just not sure how to proceed. Your advice is appreciated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2VVA5wg

No comments:

Post a Comment