Saturday 25 April 2020

I(23M) believe my girlfriend(23F) is too strict on our son(6)


She and I are both 23, he's 6 right now. The 3 second version of the story is we dated in high school, pregnant, here we are. I'm always sitting back wondering if its a case of I'm way way too laid back and because of that I think she's strict on him, when really she's normal, or, if she really is that strict.​With her, bedtime is bedtime. 8:45 in bed, teeth brushed, pajamas, book read, all of that, no real leeway. When she wants him to clean the room, any argument from him is immediately shut down, she starts the counting to 3 and by 2, he's sprinting to that room. I think she's very quick to punish him, do the timeouts, the sending him to his room. She never regrets it, sticks to that its about him needing to learn the rules and learning that we're in charge. What he's starting to do, is coming to me and asking things, rather than ask his mom. When she wants to be fun and relaxed, she can be, we just see less of that now.Do I need to be strict too?TLDR: My girlfriend is strict on our son, should I change? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2W16DF9

No comments:

Post a Comment