Wednesday 29 April 2020

I feel like i’m bullying my children.


I don’t physically abuse my children, I don’t call them names or anything. I find myself though being overly annoyed with them and not shying away from letting them know it. By sighing heavily or just telling them not right now. I feel like I blow up at any little thing, even if it’s just “pick up your cereal bowl! How many times do I have to tell you!” My kids seem to always slump their shoulders over, look to the floor and frown or pout.. and it’s in that moment that my heart breaks. I never wanted to be this kind of mother. I always said I would be better than my parents (who are drug addicts and never gave two shits other than to yell at me about how bad of a child I was even though I excelled at school with straight A’s all through til middle school) which I am. I don’t do drugs at all, and I’ve stopped drinking completely because I felt like it could lead to me abusing it. So what’s my excuse for making my kids feel like shit like my parents did to me? I wish I knew how to turn that part off on my brain, or to be better when it came down to getting after my kids. Someone please tell me... how the hell do I stop bullying my children. I want to love them all the time and never be angry. I understand that children have to be disciplined, I don’t spank mine, I just don’t think it helps but I feel like yelling at them isn’t making them better people either. Please, help. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3cYOCys

No comments:

Post a Comment