Saturday 25 April 2020

Helping dad to get involved?


Hey r/parenting, Maybe some of you awesome moms and dads can offer some good advice, I'm struggling here. Our bundle of joy is nearly 4 months old. Dad talked the talk the whole way leading up to his arrival - he said he knew parenting is a full time gig and needs to be shared, talked about all the things he wanted to do with our boy, all the things he wanted to teach him. But now that hes here my husband just cant seem to turn those words into action. We both work full time (currently having to work for home), and I have our son nearly full time. If I ask repeatedly he will hold our boy for a couple hours, but he doesn't enjoy our son's company. If our son has been fed and changed, he will pretty much just let him cry, saying he doesn't know what else he could do. I try to tell him what I do, what our son likes, but he just cant seem to bond? Or he doesnt care? Or hes experiencing some Male PPD? Has anyone else experienced this, and how did you get through it? I'm worried for my husbands wellbeing, my sons, and my own (working full time and solo parenting is leaving me totally frayed). Its a tense household to say the least! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2VUyOpm

No comments:

Post a Comment