Monday 27 April 2020

Potty training troubles


I am trying to potty train my 3yo (4 in August) son. My Facebook parent friends all say "He'll do it when he's ready" and "It'll be like a switch flips and he will just start going on the potty" but I really don't know how true that is... He never tells me when he has to go, even if I ask him right before he goes in his diaper. He never tells me when he poops; he is content to just sit in it and runs away when I tell him it's time to change his diaper.For a few weeks we tried having him sit on the potty every half hour-ish, but he hated that and I didn't want to force him and make it a negative experience so we stopped. But he needs to be potty trained for pre-k and he will be starting that in September. I feel the pressure and I'm so worried he will be behind with socialization and learning if he can't go to school in September because he won't potty train.Any advice or sharing of experiences is greatly appreciated. I just need to know I'm not the only one who is struggling with this with their little one. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3cPjxNt

No comments:

Post a Comment