Tuesday 28 April 2020

Ever since school has been cancelled, my 12 year old son WILL NOT shower


My 12 year old son has never been a big fan of showering. When he was younger, we had a lot of battles about showering every day. However, what got him to shower every day was the possibility that the other kids at school would make fun of him for not showering, since he is quite social. Occasionally he would quietly grumble and complain about showering, but he would at least get the job done.Now that school has been cancelled, he has fallen back into his old habits of not showering. He thinks that he doesn't have to shower because he won't be around his friends for a while. However, I've tried to make it clear that that's not the case. He has to shower every day because showering and bathing is a basic human need. But still, he won't do it. He will usually spend upwards of 20 minutes now stalling and complaining and arguing. I don't know what to do. In my desperation, I took away his Xbox for a month so that he can earn it back through a month of showers without complaining because of this nonsense, but that didn't do anything. He's still arguing and complaining. He's acting 10 years younger than he really is, and this is unacceptable. Does he possibly have depression? How can I fix this? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KFGdUj

No comments:

Post a Comment