Sunday 26 April 2020

Am I being unfair by sticking with phone restrictions during quarantine?


Apologies for awful layout. I'm on mobile and still pretty upset.I have two teenagers 15f and 13m. I also have three younger kids 11m, almost 9m and 6m. Myself and their dad expect the teenagers to drop their phones downstairs by 11pm each weekday night. They usually complain a bit but get on with it. Tonight I had a horrible confrontation with my son. He was screaming at me about how unfair this rule is and I make him "look like a f**king pussy " to his friends. His sister joined in saying I'm stupid and I'm the only mam that does this. Their dad heard everything from another room and chose not to take part in the argument. This really upset me as we both agreed on the rule. My son went to bed extremely upset. I know some of his friends were planning a group chat later on tonight and he feels left out but I felt I had no choice to stick with the rule because of the screaming and swearing. Daughter is having another protracted sulk. I would love to know how other parents are managing devices and social media access during this difficult time.Edit: When quarantine started the teens had no restrictions apart from leaving their phones on the kitchen table before going to bed.After several instances of them keeping their phones all night we introduced the 11pm rule. Their dad and I both go to bed around this time because he is a farmer and I'm usually up early with the 3 younger kids.There were also a few occasions where they were too loud on their phones and disturbed the whole house. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3eN4UvQ

No comments:

Post a Comment