Saturday 25 April 2020

Private school tuition


I have two children in a small private school. The school is requiring us to continue making tuition payments during school being closed. My daughter who is in 3rd grade is receiving high quality online instruction, comparable to what she was getting at school. My son who is in kindergarten, only received a few of his old workbooks from the teacher, no online interaction from teacher, teacher does not use email and online works on google classroom are geared towards preschoolers (the preschool teachers are running the site). His teacher is currently running a store(???) most of the day and does not have time to educate his class other than the workbooks given to me (she actually told me that). My son is doing first grade work at school, so I inquired whether he can join the first grade class but my request was denied (teacher gave me first grade workbooks herself). My husband has been furloughed from work. School offered a payment plan to be extended over the summer, but no reduction to tuition. I do have saving at this time to pay.I think that since no education is provided, the contract between me and the school is not enforceable. I will still pay tuition for my 3rd grader.It's just totally unfair, feels unethical for the school to do this. Am I crazy to feel this way?Thanks in advance to anyone that responds. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Y5gZXf

No comments:

Post a Comment