Monday 27 April 2020

Birthdays and parenting


When you’re a child, generally speaking, birthdays are the pinnacle or excitement (depending on your upbringing of course).As time goes on through exciting kids partied, teen parties, 21st celebrations, time starts to lumber into adulthood and the birthday celebrations change and morph into posts on your Facebook walls from people you barely speak too and joke socks as gifts.When you have kids, you really take a step back and put your kids in the spotlight. You have too! They need nappies, feeds love, education and all that wonderful parenting stuff! Soon it’s just normal to feed the kids before yourself or literally just revolve your life around them and their activities.Today was my birthday. I can’t help but feel sad, deeply forgotten and sad. My mum got me some moisturiser... and that’s it. I don’t know what I was expecting, a card maybe? For my husband to get the kids to make me something? A cake? For someone else to do the dishes?I don’t know. I’m just sitting here feeling unimportant and unseen... yet if I drop the ball the whole house goes to shit. Maybe I’m wallowing in self pity, but surely I’m not the only one?It’s sad to be a parent sometimes, but then again my three-year-old just gave me a shot glass full of yoghurt and a fork to eat it with. So I suppose things aren’t that bad. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/35bnxVK

No comments:

Post a Comment