Monday 27 April 2020

Our 4y/o daughter aka Cock


This happened a couple weeks abut I’m still cracking up about it so thought I’d share...maybe you’ll get a chuckle out of it too. My 4-year-old has really gotten in to pretending she’s a dog lately. Normally she’ll pretend to be a dog one day, a mermaid the next, then a firefighter...you get it. Anyway, she’s been stuck on being a dog for weeks. She’s named herself “Cock-a-doodle-doo” and insists I get in on the game and call her “Cock-a-doodle-doo” too. I call “Cock-a-doodle-doo” to come to dinner, “Cock-a-doodle-doo” to come get in the bath, “Cock-a-doodle-doo”, to come help clean toys, etc. On a related note, my husband has been working from home right in the middle of our house in the living room. My daughter and I typically do a pretty good job of being quiet when he’s on Zoom/conference call with one big, recent exception. The other day, our beloved “Cock-a-doodle-doo” decided she wanted to start going by a nickname. She told me what it was but since we were trying to be as quiet as we could, I didn’t quite catch what she said. She said it again and I still didn’t hear/understand her. She got really frustrated at this point and started yelling her desired nickname over and over (in the background of the Zoom call). “COCK!!! COCK!! MY NAME IS COCK!! MY NAME IS COOOOOOOCK!!” Husband on his Zoom call tried to keep it together but just plain couldn’t pretty soon his boss and the owner of the company and most of his coworkers were dying laughing at our four year old named Cock. Hope you might get #quarantinelife chuckle out of it too. PS- I asked her this morning again what her name was (wondering if she might have moved on at some point) but nope, still Cock. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2VFsBPh

No comments:

Post a Comment