Saturday 25 April 2020

Only child struggling with social distancing


Like the title says, my son (8) has had a very hard time in quarantine to the point that last night he sat in my lap for twenty minutes crying because "looking at the same colored walls all day and all night" is making him sad. He said he's tired of only being able to walk around the neighborhood in circles, he misses being dropped off at school and having a real recess. He even said that the Zoom meetings with his teachers and classmates are making him "sadder" because he can't see or interact with them in person.I'm at a loss as to what to do. He's already hanging onto my hip, sleeping in my bed and pretty much acting as my shadow. We've watched TV together, cooked together, read, played games but nothing is helping his rather intense feelings of loneliness.I'm open to any and all ideas as to how I can help my son better. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3cRcm7z

No comments:

Post a Comment