Saturday 27 April 2019

Update and thanks - My 6 year old daughter just poured her heart out to me


My little girl told me on Thursday that she had no friends at school.I've spoken to her teacher and she has immediately taken some good steps. She spoke to the whole class about the importance of including everyone when playing and not being fairweather friends.She has told everyone they are playing with someone new on Monday and put my daughter with three children who she thinks will include her.She's also given the bully a serious talking to, has told her teacher to reinforce this with the other class and has promised to keep an eye on my girl. I suggested an older mentor and this is being implemented as well.I've spoken to my wife about sorting play dates for our daughter, both with children from school and from her other activities.I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who commented on my last post - I didn't get to reply to everyone but you really helped with some great ideas and the support has been amazing.My girl is so positive - it doesn't seem like her experience so far has affected her. I've been so wrapped up in dealing with adult life and she's such a happy person that I was guilty of assuming everything was fine with her.Not now. I'm making it my mission to give her the friends she deserves. I'll move house if I have to. Thanks again. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2GC3dRH

No comments:

Post a Comment