Monday 29 April 2019

Brag because I have no friends to speak too.


I always check on my kids and do forehead kisses before I go to bed, make sure everyone okay because DD #2 has a tendency to sleep sideways in her single bed and fall out. So DD #1 and #2 share the biggest bedroom so in usual routine I go in, tuck escaped feet back in blankets and give forehead kisses and whisper that I love them before I tiptoe out again.DD #3 is 8 months old and has recently upgraded to her cot and her own room, so now the usual nighttime routine is done with her too except I’m still really missing my thunder buddy and it’s weird to sleep alone again without her breathing noises next to me, so I tend to sit in my chair next to her cot and admire how precious she looks and listening to her breathing for five minutes before I go lie in bed and scroll on reddit until I’m tired enough to sleep.Tonight was slightly different I walked in after seeing DD #1 and #2 and sat in her chair and realised I could smell poo. So I pull the side of her pjs down and peek in the side of her nappy and unfortunately I was right. Me and baby have had really bad colds lately too so rather than her usual solid poo is was everywhere and I managed to changer her nappy, give her cuddles and feed her without her even waking up to open her eyes apart from the initial whinge when I took her pj pants off.This is more long winded than I wanted so I apologise for that but I’m so proud of our first through the night nappy change was so successful (especially as she’s normally a once a day in the morning kind of baby) and a little brag because I have no one else to get excited about this with. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2ZJbBaR

No comments:

Post a Comment