Thursday 25 April 2019

My 6 year old daughter just poured her heart out to me


I honestly don't know what to do. My incredibly kind, intelligent and earnest little girl has told me that she has absolutely no friends at primary school.She wanders between groups and gets shoo'd away. The only girl she really gets on with gets taken away from her by another friend, who is a bully that won't let my girl play with her.She has made aquaintences with some older girls but their friendship is highly conditional.She spent a full 90 minutes taking about how mean everyone is to her and how everyone hates her. She told me about a time when she covered herself with her coat on a bench and just cried. She's fucking 6.I'm speaking to her teacher tomorrow but this is the first time I've not known what to say to her to make things better. I told her that everyone feels like that sometimes in school and that she will make friends who deserve her.I told her what a wonderful person she is and how proud I am of her, but that won't change things tomorrow at lunchtime in the playground.I feel fucking helpless and angry. I don't know what to do or say for the best. She goes to school in a pretty tough area and she is the polar opposite of a tough kid - 100% pure empathy and kindness. I feel like she's being punished for it.I just wish I had the power to make everything better for her. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2GFOYwm

No comments:

Post a Comment