Saturday 27 April 2019

Final update on my daughter in NJ


previous postThis is the final update I have for Hannah. The damage to her brain got worse. She had a neurological exam today and the neurologist let us know that he saw things in the exam that show her brain is swelling and her brain stem is injured. She is having trouble maintaining her vital functions. They don’t think she will make it a week. This is so unbelievable. Less than a week ago I had a beautiful little daughter and now it’s been ripped away from me. My wife and I weren’t greedy. We just wanted one child. Not 2 or 3 or 5, just one. I know that life isn’t fair but i can not understand why she was picked to leave early. I have cried so much today that I feel like a towel that has been wrung out. I feel so bad and so sorry watching my wife go through this. I wonder when either of us will be able to smile again. We discussed organ donation with the team at the hospital today and it was such a kick in my gut to be talking about donating her organs and finally seal it in my head that she will pass on. Finally sealed it in my head that the light of my life is gone. Hopefully we are able to donate them and save some lives and Hannah’s spirit can live on.Thank all of you beautiful internet strangers who took your time out to send your love and advice to myself and my family. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2DA6aS2

No comments:

Post a Comment