Friday 26 April 2019

11 yo can't be trusted online


Long story short. When my 11yo was 7 or 8 I caught a pervert on roblox trying to get her on an app with a webcam. It scared me to death. I banned it from my house until she begged me at the start of 6th grade to let her play it with chat turned off. I naively thought, ok, we'll try it. She struggles with friendships outside of school and I worried about her being too isolated. Turns out I found out she was able to create an unrestricted account with no parental controls which she has been using this whole time. She also is giving me the wrong password to that account so I have no idea if anything bad has been going on as I can't log in. I am just at my wits end as this is not the first time she has breached my trust really badly. (She figured out my patental control password on another device 2 years ago)Now what? I took her tablet away. I am just beside myself. What would you do as a parent? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2vpkp7K

No comments:

Post a Comment