Monday 29 April 2019

Please stop telling me true things that happened in the bathroom! (4yr old learning to wipe...)


So my 4yr old poops reliably on the potty, but he’s still needing help wiping.SO and I trained him to yell for help when he’s done, since he doesn’t like an audience for the number 2.“I NEED HELP WIPING!” Is heard echoing through the house at least once a day.Yesterday he RUNs to the bathroom “I gotta go poop!”“Run!” Say the wife and I.A few minutes later he comes out...“Mitchell, did you poop?”“Yes, but I wiped myself!” (Oh, this could be bad”“Ok, let’s go check and flush”“I already flushed, but I used too much toilet paper” (my heart is sinking)“What do you mean Mitchell?”“The toilet wasn’t working, so I took some of it out and it’s fine”Yeah. Pooped, poorly wiped, plugged the toilet, and then fished chunks of wet toilet paper out and tossed them on the floor in an effort to make it better.Everything he said was true, but everything he said just made the situation worse... I couldn’t help but laugh at his pride and independence for solving the problems in his own :-) via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2ZIkQYS

No comments:

Post a Comment