Saturday 27 April 2019

Finally got a "me day"! It was a trap planted by my spouse but whatever idgaf


Some of you might remember a little rant I made about a month ago so here's a little update, some good news, some same old shit.http://bit.ly/2GEZfb6 after 2 and 1/2 years of working from home and raising a baby / toddler I finally got a day all to myself. I'm definitely in the doghouse but, like the title said, I don't give a fart.My sister-in-law is graduating her doctoral studies four and a half hours away and yesterday my spouse and i had a discussion regarding attending. We are dog sitting my sister's Labradoodle and have our own large hound dog. My concern was traveling with these dogs, plus all the toddler gear, plus imposing on my sister-in-law by bringing a sweet but very nervous and annoying dog with us was not going to work out very well. Of course my partner acted fine with me staying home with the dogs, getting some work done around the house, and having a little bit of time away from everybody. I was excited, as I said in two and a half years I've never had a break like this where I can relax and not deal with anybody. It's a dream I think most parents have.So of course this morning I got a lecture from my SO that was full of piss and vinegar. "I can't believe you're actually going to stay home... I thought for sure you would change your mind last night... Now I have to do all the baby stuff myself?! Blah blah blah"I said if you really want me to I'll pack a bag right now and hit the road with you but it was "there's no time for that. we have to go. I can't believe you're so selfish! I'm going to have to really think about this relationship... bye!"Narrator: "there was plenty of time for that."Whatever. Don't lay little traps if you don't want them to work. I've been begging for a day off for at least a year now while my partner leaves town twice a year for a week at a time to do training which also includes hitting the bars every night with friends while I'm stuck home alone with a toddler/baby.Today is my day, and I'm not going to let anything spoil it. Sure I'm going to tackle three loads of laundry, a mess of yard work, and some other odds and ends but I got myself a nice slab of baby back ribs and a 12 pack of Corona and I'm finally going to finish the last chapter in Red Dead Redemption if it kills me. Sorry not sorry.Dog tax via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2ZGqVEY

No comments:

Post a Comment