Thursday 25 April 2019

My 10 year old daughter forgot an assignment from home - I was home but refused to bring it


I am at my breaking point with this kid. She forgot to finish her homework, even though she was reminded, and my husband allowed her to stay up a half hour after her bedtime to finish it. Personally, I think she should have had to wake up early to finish it but that wasn't a battle I cared to fight.She called me from school today. She forgot the work at home. I told her tough sh!t. It was her responsibility."But mom! I'm going to fail!"Who knows if it was good parenting or not but kid, remember to do your work. It's my job to guide you, and my job to help you, but it's not my job to keep you from being accountable.So, because I said no, she'll likely get a zero. I feel mostly confident I made the right call.Mostly.... via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2GHyXGl

No comments:

Post a Comment