Friday 26 April 2019

Is a parent who smokes (legal) weed automatically a bad parent?


Had this discussion with friends lately and opinions are split. Weed is legal here and I've stated my opinion that it is not in any way worse than a parent who drinks (responsibility).My limit is that the parent must have a clear mind if the kids are under their sole supervision (as in don't get high as a kite alone with a baby or toddler).I do partake, but never if I'm alone with the baby and never while he's awake. I also wash my hands and face after smoking and change my shirt in case I have to hold him (if he cries). I used to get really high when I was younger, but now I only take a little and since I'm used to it I'm barely giddy and relaxed, so I'm not being an idiot who can't think straight, I'm just unwinding a bit after a hard day's work and caring for the baby.Some friends agree that the way I'm doing it is fine but others are opposed.I'm not sure what to think right now.Edit : I also go on a walk to smoke far from the home so no second hand smoke and he doesn't actually see me doing it. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2PtE8MX

No comments:

Post a Comment