Saturday 27 April 2019

Ex spouse showed up randomly for visitation


My ex has mostly been non- communicative with us since January. We have 7 year old twins and he has not tried to see them at all. A few days ago, he messaged to ask to spend today with them. I told him we'd play it by ear since he hadn't given me much notice.This morning, I'm cleaning and organizing when there is a knock at the door. Of course, it's my ex. He says he'd like to take them for a bit before he works tonight, tells the kids that he's going to go get lunch and be back in an hour to hang out with them, take them to the park, etc. Its been 3 hours, I got them cleaned up and put together and he's not been back to get them.I'm so angry. First he does not contact us for four months and comes back out of the blue wanting to play worlds best dad. Then he makes the kids a promise and disappears. I have a sneaking suspicion he only tried to come around because his family is visiting, so he wanted to put on a show for them. I hate this. I don't know what to tell the kids if he doesn't show up again. I know they are getting to the age where they will see who he is for themselves soon, but it makes me mad that he thinks he can be in and out of their lives whenever.Update: he finally showed. With his family in tow. This is all for them so he can look like a dad for a day. His mom got judgy that they aren't in shorts because I haven't had money to buy any yet (getting some next week). Also they are too small apparently. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2GFxKy8

No comments:

Post a Comment