Friday 26 April 2019

Kids and consent


I’m visiting family with my 4 year old. We only visit once every year or 2 and given his age he does not remember them well or at all. So many of my extended family members are relentlessly trying to get a hug or a kiss from my son. He is communicating both verbally and nonverbally but they persist. I know this was what I put up with as a kid and I hated it. Thankfully they are not forcing him as i recall being forced to do as a kid. But they keep asking. Just chill out. Why do you need a hug or a kiss from a 4 year old that is clearly communicating ‘no’? I am big on teaching consent from a young age and with a son I take it seriously that he learns about body autonomy - his own and others. Rant over. Thanks for listening via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2DApsH0

No comments:

Post a Comment