Tuesday 30 April 2019

I know you shouldn’t compare kids, but I feel like I’m failing.


I know you shouldn’t compare kids. But it’s so hard.I spent the day with my friend who I haven’t seen in a long time and her daughter. Her daughter is exactly 18 months younger than my daughter. We both had our kids.Her kid just turned 2 a month and a half ago, and mine is 3.5. I know you should compare, but seeing our kids interact was tough. Even though she’s so much younger, her speech is better (by a large margin) than my daughters. I can easily understand everything she said, and she speaks in full sentences. My daughter struggles with speech, she has seen a speech therapist and is now in a special preschool, and she is improving. I’ve noticed she’s behind her peers, but it’s hard seeing her behind someone so much younger than her.Her daughter has been fully potty trained for a few months, mine is only just training, and still in pull ups. Why is it she can teach her two year old that and I’ve been struggling to teach my 3.5 year old. Hers reliably asked to use the potty when needed, while I was changing my kids diaper.I don’t know what I’m looking for, I’ve spent time around kids my daughters age, and seeing her lag behind kids her own age is one thing, seeing her lag behind a kid so much younger is really tough. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2VbybdL

No comments:

Post a Comment