Friday 26 April 2019

Emotional labor?


How do I explain to my husband that telling him what to do for our daughter is nearly as exhausting as just doing the thing myself?​It's the end of the week and I find myself irritated because there was just too much to do. Between forms and other things for her school, my demanding full time job, planning her birthday party, doctors appointments for both of us and then just trying to fit in everyday life it was just too much. I found myself angrily loading the dishwasher while late for work this morning. Things like coming home to dirty dishes after work when I have to make dinner for our super picky 3 year old while also entertaining her and husband doesn't walk in the door until hours later is just too much.​For context, my husband is a kind and caring man who is just completely oblivious to these things. He told me to tell him how he can help but telling him just feels like even more work. I understand it is my responsibility to do only what I can do without resentment but... but... there is so freaking much to do. How do I even explain all of this to him? He gets all the same school emails, he knows when her birthday is why do I then have to assign him tasks? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2IMfQwT

No comments:

Post a Comment