Thursday 25 April 2019

My 6 y/o wants to be a chemist because I told her potions were just medicine and poison


I need ideas for introducing a 6 year old to chemistry. She wants to make "potions" and she has decided to be a chemist to do it.Here's the story though:My daughter loves Minecraft and witches and started asking about potions. Fortunately, COSI had a poison exhibit and that helped a bunch. She asked why witches had weird skin. I explained that they worked with a lot of chemicals and it messes up their skin. After a bit of talking I told her that potions are just chemicals, medicine, and poison. I explained that witches are essentially spooky scientists that work with chemicals and energy. Now she wants to be a scientist and I had to get a season pass to COSI. Fun fact, I'm on SSDI and Medicaid and was able to buy a season pass for us for just $50. If you're near Columbus and on Medicaid, do it.I already buy her STEM toys and do little experiments at home. Right now, we're learning how plants grow. What are some cool science projects you can do with a 6 year old and how do I keep fostering this love of science? It makes me so happy and I want her to love it forever. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2UzSyff

No comments:

Post a Comment