Sunday 28 April 2019

10 year old shows utter disrespect and has me in tears most nights


Im writing from mobile so please excuse typos... Forgive the long post...I'm getting cursed at.. Screamed at.. Told to eat shit... That I don't love him. I gave him multiple warnings then took the tv remote. He lost it. Started up this morning by calling me disgusting and ugly and his father lazy why i made him go outside to hand his father the car keys he had forgotten. Got worse why i insisted toys are to stay in his room. And he cant keep changing in the sitting area! Looks like a war zone. Zero shits given. More screaming. Gave him 10 minutes. Told him it better be done (toys and clothing where they belong). 2 minute reminder. He didn't move an inch. Fine. 11 minutes even. Told him move or tv is off. Count of 5. Again calls me ugly says my hair is nasty my face disgusting. Ignore him keep counting. It's done. I am still telling him he is being rude and basically yelling at this point because he still is calling me names. Then he asks for hot chips. I say no it's not healthy for you.. Calls me more names and tells me to eat shit. Fine. Tv off. He swings at me trashes the sitting room I drag him to his room and now he is sulking and insulting me from afar. Saying he doesn't care he'll still play on dad's phone.Which is true. My husband refuses to punish him. Our son is even worse with him. Because he gets zero consequences.I cry almost nightly unsure what to do anymore. Tried time out tried grounding tried reward system. All pointless my husband gets mad at me for giving him a headache when he is tired from work when i broach the subject. I feek like a failure. He wants another kid. Im 35. I refuse to have another till he shares parental responsibility. I want another child but refuse to bring another self centered entitled brat into this world.Kicker... I think I'm pregnant. Going to get a test tomorrow. We've been married 14 years. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2DDAPhr

No comments:

Post a Comment