Friday 26 April 2019

A reminder to myself not to judge too quickly..


Yesterday my husband, myself and our 7 month old son was nearing the end of our 16 hour travel back home from visiting my family. We were on the last train and I'd struggled to get my boy to sleep but it had finally happened when a group of young guys (13-15?) got on the train.. they were acting a bit rowdy and yes, I judged them. I thought to myself, "great! Now they'll wake the baby and make everyone miserable"..I did not even get a chance to ask them to please keep it down before one of the guys spotted us, "punched" his friend on the arm and said, "guys, there's a baby here trying to sleep. Let's go somewhere else.." and as they passed us they gave us a nod and apologized for being loud.I felt so ashamed at having judged them. Now I don't know if there's great parenting involved or they were just super nice boys, but they really made my night and I wish I could have thanked them personally. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2ZBQWW7

No comments:

Post a Comment