Sunday 28 April 2019

(No spoilers) Ramblings of a dad after seeing Avengers: Endgame


Although I am giving no spoilers in this post, I would suggest those who haven't seen the movie to read the thread and comments with caution.For one, the mood and tone of my post or comments could hint at things. I don't even want to tell you what the movie is like if you are going to see it. Leave now if you want to.Secondly, there are some horrible people on reddit that post spoilers in random sub reddits, send spoilers to random people. There might be some idiot in the comments like that.So, here goes. This movie I think is such an incredible moment in popular culture. We all know the impact star wars had. I am not going to compare Marvel to it; there can be 2 great things. Marvel has been a huge cultural phenomenon all over the world. So much so that they inspired comic cons in remote developing countries. Marvel has been a huge part of people's childhood. These movies are dear to me even though I was past my childhood when I started with them. I am in my late 20s.I spoke to my brother (early 20s) after the movie. He told me I got him hooked to Marvel when the first Avengers released. He remembers it so well; it meant a lot to him. That fact means a lot to me!I have a 1 year old kid who has no clue now. I would of course love to share this amazing cinematic universe with him. I believe the chances are about 0.001% I can get him to watch till Endgame without getting spoiled. No way an excited 10 year old can get through 21 movies without telling someone and getting spoiled the ending.Parents who saw the movie; especially those who were very fortunate to see it or share with their son/daughter.. What has it been like? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2LcWumI

No comments:

Post a Comment