Sunday 26 February 2017

Would you like a 1st birthday gift of toddler treats/food, or would you be super offended?


My sister has 3 kids and her youngest is turning 1. They have a tiny house, a TON of toys and clothes for the boys. I've asked her what to get my nephew and she just says "I don't know. Whatever. Just come and bring a gift and we'll be happy" She's really laid back.My kids are autistic, delayed, super picky and have weird allergies, so if someone bought them all their favorite foods for their birthday I would be SO HAPPY. She has typical kids though, so I'm not always sure if I'm on the right track.Babies are fun to buy for, so she's always been drowning in toys. I wanted to do something more practical this time. I think that she would appreciate something could use now but was still cute. I thought of maybe a bunch of the different types of snacks from the gerber graduate food line, a snack container, cup and plate/fork set and maybe a place mat. This is all stuff my nephew could use, would like and it would help out my sister.I just need to make sure that I'm on the right track. I don't want to do anything offensive. A few friends of mine suggested that a gift of something that's a 'everyday necessity' is rude and insinuates she can't provide for her kids and I can't understand this because my kids cost so much more. I kind of think they're full of shit, but my family is also too nice to tell me when I've mildly offended them. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lo9apC

No comments:

Post a Comment